This Policy addresses the types of Personal Data we collect, how we collect and may use this Personal Data, with whom we may share this Personal Data. It also states the types of measures that we take for the Personal Data in our possession, the choices available to you on the collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Data, and how you can reach out to us and/or correct any inaccuracies in your Personal Data.
References to “we,” “our,” or “us” herein refer to Nurture Education Group, its subsidiaries and affiliates, business partners, associates, agents and/or employees.
This Policy does not apply to the practices of companies that are not owned or controlled by Nurture Education Group or to people whom we do not employ or manage.
Collection of Personal Data
“Personal Data” refers to any data, whether true or false, about an individual who can be identified from that data, or from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access.
Common examples of Personal Data (depending on the nature of your interaction with us) include name, identification number (e.g. NRIC or FIN number, passport number) and contact information (e.g. telephone number(s), mailing address, photo or video images). Such information may be provided to us by you in any forms or enquiries submitted to us or via other forms of interaction with us.
Generally, we may collect your or your child’s Personal Data from you when you arrange for a visit to our centre, enrol your child with our centre, submit forms for centre activities or in the course of providing educational services to your child. We may also collect Personal Data from you when you request that we contact you and/or are contacted by and/or responded to our staff via telephone calls, emails, letters or face-to-face meetings. Additionally, when you or your child are within our premises, photographs and/or videos may be taken via CCTV cameras or by us, our representatives or any third-party organizers that we appoint.
Purposes for Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Data
Depending on your relationship with us, we may collect, use and/or disclose your Personal Data for the following purposes (but not limited):
- To maintain student and/or waitlist records;
- For centre communications and providing information, including but not limited to, student’s learning and development, updates of centre activities and excursions, and/or information about our services and affiliated centres;
- To receive marketing or promotional information, if you have provided us with your Singapore telephone number and/or email address and have consent to hear from us;
- For audit, administration and emergency purposes;
- For centre or extra-curricular activity registration;
- To support our functions and educational services, including but not limited to, the student’s learning and development and the administration of our centres;
- To process applications and/or enrolment activities
- To respond to requests from medical providers, payment processors and financial institutions, childcare regulators, government or public agencies, ministries and statutory boards, or other authorities or agencies authorised to carry out specific government services;
- To carry out due diligence or other screening activities (including background checks) in accordance with legal or regulatory obligations that may be required by law or put in place by us, including reference checks and/or other information from prior educational institutions and employers;
- To prevent, detect and investigate crime, possible fraud, misconduct, or unlawful action and manage the safety and security of our premises and services (including but not limited to utilizing electronic access and video systems)
- For use on the “LittleLives” portal
- For media publication or releasing of information for marketing purposes;
- Photographs and/or videos took by our staff or third-party photographers and/or videographers we engaged;
- For any other purposes, we may inform you in writing from time to time to seek your separate consent.
Disclosure, Sharing and Transfer of Personal Data to Third Parties
We will take steps to protect your Personal Data against unauthorized disclosure. We may disclose your or your child’s Personal Data to third parties without first obtaining your consent in certain situations, including but not limited to, disclosure required or permitted by law and/or regulations; to our third-party service providers, agents, auditors, regulatory bodies and/or business partners for the purposes of our business and in providing products and services to you.
In all other instances of disclosure of your Personal Data to third parties with your express consent, we will provide for adequate forms of protection over such Personal Data, and confidentiality and security in the handling and administration of your Personal Data by such third parties in compliance with applicable law.
Management, Care and Retention of Personal Data
We will take reasonable steps and precautions to protect and store your Personal Data, wherever it is in our possession, from unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, modification or similar risks. We will also take appropriate measures to ensure and keep your Personal data accurate, complete and updated. We shall take suitable actions and effort to destroy or anonymize documents or data containing Personal Data when necessary.
Withdrawal of Consent
You may at any time withdraw your given consent in respect of the collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Data for any purpose on giving reasonable notice to us.
Depending on the nature of your request to withdraw your consent to any or all use of your Personal Data, we may not be in a position to continue providing our services to you, which may in turn also result in the termination of our agreements.
Request for Access or Correction of Personal Data
If your Personal Data changes, you may contact us to correct, update, delete or deactivate our record of your Personal Data.
Website, Cookies and Other Technologies
When you visit our website, we store and collect information through cookies and log files to create a profile of our customers, detailing our customers’ behaviours and may be tied to the customer’s personal information.
A cookie is a small text file stored on your hard drive that contains information which allows us to remember you or other data about you or gather statistical data. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but should you wish to disable cookies, you may do so by changing the setting in your browser.
In addition to cookies, we may also use other Internet technologies, such as log files or CRM systems to communicate with the cookies and track your use of our website. This allows us to gather broad demographic information to customize and measure the overall effectiveness of our online content, campaigns and efforts.
Our website may contain links to other third-party sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these sites. When leaving our website to a third-party site, we strongly encourage you to read and understand their privacy policies of such sites. This Policy is only applicable to the information we collect on our website.
In the event that we go through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of a portion of our assets, any personal information you provide us may be part of the assets transferred. You will be notified prior to a change of ownership or control of personal information. If, as a result of the business transaction, your Personal Data will be used in a different manner from the time of collection, you will be given a choice similar with the “Notification of Changes to Policy” paragraph below.
Notification of Changes to Policy
Nurture Education Group reserves the right to amend this Policy at any time and without prior notice to you. Please review this Policy from time to time so you are aware of any changes or updates to the notice.
If you have any questions about this Policy, would like to withdraw your consent to any use of your Personal Data as set out in this Policy, or obtain access or make corrections to your Personal Data records, please contact our Data Protection Officer at:
Nurture Education Group
200 Turf Club Road, The Grandstand #05-08
(Attention: Data Protection Officer)
Updated on: 2 October 2018